Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Reuse/Recycle

This entry is bittersweet, knowing that my 4-year old daughter is more conscious about the environment than I am. She says to me "Mommy, we have to make the earth happy by recycling." She learned this of course from the Noggin Channel, Yo Gabba Gabba and their catchy commercials. I love that she is picking up the good things from watching those cartoons, unlike when we were young and everytime you turned around there was another commercial about the Easy Bake oven we HAD to have! ;0)

Anyway, to the point of recycling I love the Body Shop's body butters and I always keep the containers when they're empty because I know there's something that I can store in those things! The list is endless. Well, I cleaned out the latest Coconut Butter that I finished off and turned it into a container for my swanky baubles (or whatever small piece of scrap I don't want to lose!). Here's the finished pics! I thought of multiple things to store in here:
  • Buttons
  • Jewelry
  • Eyelets
  • Small ribbon scraps
  • Teeth (for those kiddos losing them or for those who have false ones) ;0)
  • Barretts/Hairbands
  • Spare change
  • Safety pins


Empty Body Butter Container (make sure you wash it before decorating)


Here's the top of the finished container.


Here's the side view of the container~you may also notice the ribbon around the container, that's the Baby Gap ribbon that I had received on a gift for one of the girls. I love that ribbon!

The list could go on and on... I also thought it would make a great gift card holder (for the larger size containers). Then the person receiving the gift card would receive a little something extra!

Anyway, I hope to find more ways to reuse & recycle!

Enjoy!

Nicki

1 comment:

Kara Ward said...

Fabulous idea...I have that container...just might have to make me one. The colors are perfect.