Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Year's Resolutions!

Ok, so I know it's already the end of January and one of my resolutions was to not procrastinate! Well, I've already broken one resolution, or maybe we can just call it I haven't had time instead of procrastinating, but then that would break another resolution of making time to blog. WOW I'm on a roll!!! Well here goes, these are my top 10 New Years resolutions that I'm going to make every effort to stick to these from this moment on!

#1- Family- Make every conscious effort to tell my family how much I love them on a daily basis and spend as much time with them as possible. Life is too precious to not!
#2- Preserving Memories- Spend less time worrying about the scrapping and spend more time taking in the memories and capturing them in my mind, camera and soul!
#3- Organization- Keep, Sell, Donate, Thow Away the 4 piles of my life beginning now! (Love Peter Walsh!)
#4- Buy less Stuff- I'll admit, I'm a shopper, yes for those of you that didn't know, but from now on I'm not buying something unless it has a purpose in this household! (I didn't say this included scrapbooking stuff because that always has a purpose!)
#5- Recycle- I really did a good job of this in the summer when it was really easy to get the recycle bin to the curb, but now that it's winter and you can't make it through the snow drifts, it's an easy excuse- no more excuses!! Save the planet for our kids!!
#6- Excercise- OK now the reason this wasn't at the top of my list is because I've actually not had to push myself as hard to keep my fitness goals going, but it's still a priority! I will be working toward the full Dam to Dam run this year though not just the 5K.
#7- Eating Healthy- Another one that should be at the top, but I haven't fallen too far off the wagon, less Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough would be a good thing for my waistline though.
#8- Blog- Keep blogging! I believe last year I strived for a once a week post, but ended up being a once a month post, that's ok, at least I continued to post, I have a 2 and 5 year old that keep me busy what can I say!
#9- Date Night- Due to the 2 and 5 year old hubby and I don't get much time out together, now I have to!
#10- Remember Me- It's really hard for me to take time out for myself, not anymore!

With all that said, I know this is a long list and there's a million excuses on why I can't do this but there are a million more on why I should!

Scrap it Swanky Sister~ Nicki

No comments: