Sunday, November 8, 2009

Here Turkey, Turkey

Today was a fun filled day of crafts and laughs! My daughter's who are 2 and 4 and my daycare provider's daughters who are 3 and 6 spent the afternoon together. As stated previously in my blog post, I would start to post some ideas for the whole family including the kiddos so here's the first one.

I got to try some of the crafts with the girls and the first one was the paper sack turkey, the picture posted is the one that my 4-year old did~ not too bad for her first paper sack turkey. This was an idea off of a website for kid crafts. Take a brown lunch sack and filled it with newspaper, then twist at the top of the sack and cover it with a light brown piece of felt for the turkey's head. Wrap a pipe cleaner around the head to make the felt stay in place. We took several different colors of felt and cut them into 1 inch strips and glued them to the back of the turkey for the feathers. Used google eyes and the beak is orange felt. The gobble we cut out red hearts and glued it on upside down.



Pom Pom Turkey's~ were the next craft we did, these were super fun, I didn't really follow any directions for these just made up as we went, but took a larger pom for the body of the turkey and a smaller pom for the head and glued them together. Took googly eyes, orange felt beak and red felt gobble. Then I took several different colored pipe cleaners and shaped them into feathers and glued them on the back of the larger pom. Too cute!!


The best part of it was my 2-year old lost her turkey, so she says, "here Turkey Turkey, where are you?" it was too cute! The day was great fun with the girls!

Friday night I went to Scrapmania with my sister and it was just nice to get away and have a girls night out. We made an acrylic ornament with angel mist to make the ornament look snowy, and an adorable card that we embossed and used these very fun dome embellishments that looked like little ornaments. I also completed a couple of pages that I had started at Scrapfest. So many cute new things out for the holidays, I want one of everything! I'm in love with glitter!!!



Next post~ adorable place-cards for Turkey Day!

Enjoy your week!

No comments: