Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday Deals!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends! We had a great day! Right after the turkey dinner, the girls took a nap and off I headed to the sales at Michael's. They opened at 4:00 p.m., so I HAD to go check it out!! I scored a few Cricut cartridges, some lovely My Mind's eye paper ~ I LOVE this brand!! As well as a few other little things.

The Cricuts I scored were the new Winter Wonderland~ you can make adorable little houses with this cartridge and the second one is the new Sweet Treats cartridge, with girls this will come in VERY handy!!


As I was scanning the ads, I noticed that Office Max had the Pogo Printer that I so desperately wanted at Scrapfest 2 years ago and I held off because at that time they were $100. Well, my friends, they were in the ad for $30.00 (yes you heard me correct). So I went onto Amazon to see if they had the same deal and they did~ so Merry Christmas to me, I bought it! These are the printers where the ink is in the paper, it's so cool and they print out 2x3 photos, love it!!


I also did a little more shopping on-line that evening at LeapFrog.com for the kiddos, found some GREAT deals there! That was all for Thursday shopping.

Now for Black Friday...

My alarm was set for 3:40 a.m., I thought that was early but as I drove down Delaware Ave, I realized there were a whole lot a crazy people out, not just me! So I proceeded to Kohl's first which I really didn't have anything to buy there, just thought I try to see if they had some deals, first I was heckled because I didn't wait in line with the 100 other crazy people but instead just walked right up when the doors opened and walked right in. Little did they know I had nothing to buy in this store! Whatever, crazy people! So I left Kohl's after finding that their toys are marked up 500% and then 50% off makes them regular price at Walmart or Target. I went to Walmart next, this was more of a social visit then anything, saw a friend, then my old co-worker, grabbed a couple of DVD's and I was out of there all by 4:40 a.m. I headed to Target next, they had a line wrapped all the way around the store, so I went to stand in line so that I could get in the door and get the much needed Nerf Blaster for my nephew, it was VERY cold, waiting in that line for 30 minutes and of course by the time they open the doors and the spot in line where I'm at they start to let everyone else that wasn't waiting in-line in the door, so I was pushed and shoved a little, but I guess that was those Kohl's folks getting back at me. I didn't care, I was happy to get the Nerf Blaster and a couple of items for myself and I was out of there! Done with my shopping by 5:30 AM. Can't beat that! I met up with my sis, mom and dad and helped them do their shopping saw a few more friends and socialized more than anything. Back home by 8:00 AM. Whew! What a morning!!

Up next... the finds at the local craft store!

No comments: