Wednesday, February 10, 2010

For the love of Martha and Dove!

I ventured out to the drugstore today to get some cold medicine and stumbled upon a package of Dove chocolates! Who can pass up Dove? Not I! So I bought a package, c'mon it's almost Valentine's day, I'm entitled! I go home and that bag of chocolate is calling my name! First I look at how many of these luscious little milk chocolates I can have~ 6 for 230 calories. Not bad (if I could stick to 6). Then I open the bag and notice the cute little pink hearts on the foil. I unwrap the first chocolate and of course look to see what the Dove saying of the day is. To my surprise, it's a tip from Martha Stewart! It says "Use a heart-shaped craft punch to create Valentine Cards" I love it! Dove has partnered with Martha and on each chocolate from the Valentine bags has a little handy tip from her! So I have to open another, and another and another to find all of these wonderful tips! Before I know it I'm up to 7 chocolates- oops went over the calorie intake I was looking for! Oh well, better luck next time.


Here's the other tips I received:

  • Create a heart using two pats of your own ink-stained finger. (I'm going to try this one out with the kiddos!)
  • A Dozen roses can camouflage flaws in a less-than-stellar vase.
  • For a Valentine care, photocopy a rose between sheets of acetate. (Hmmm... do I have some acetate? I think I do, I think I do)
  • Make ginger-laced, heart-shaped cookies for Valentine's day.
  • Pipe pancake batter into heart shapes for a sweet breakfast. (One step ahead of you Martha on this one, although I used a heart shaped cookie cutter!)
  • Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make cutouts in pie crust.

Such a great way to share tips! Way to go Dove!

Enjoy your day!
Scrap it Swanky Sister~ Nicki

1 comment:

Jessi Nagy said...

Hey sweet girl!!
yum yum yumminess!!!
I didn't know you were in Iowa? where do you live. maybe were close??
oxoxo,
Jessi