Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Weekend!


Hope you all have something fabulous planned for the big weekend! I do have a little surprise for my hubby, but he's been sick all weekend so I'm hoping he'll be awake enough to enjoy it!!

My daughters and I will be making some yummy heart-shaped sugar cookies here when they wake up from their nap! Can't wait!

The last few days I've been working on rearranging my office and crafting room, I moved my daughter out of her nursery into a big girl room now and I've taken over the nursery space, which I admit is much smaller! I have weeded through a bunch of stuff though. It feels good to purge the old stuff to make room for new! (oh whoops did I say that, nothing more can fit in this room!!) Anyway, I am trying to decide what paint colors to do in this room, my favorite color is pink so I thought about doing an antique pink with Espresso accents, after all I still have the nursery curtains that would match they're pink with brown plaid soooo cute~ not to mention I paid an arm and a leg for them! OR I thought about a really light yellow or possibly a tiffany blue but bring down the shade about 4 notches. Decisions, decisions! Maybe I'll post the colors on here for a vote! I'm in the middle of organizing and then my new desk should be here in a couple of weeks just in time to paint and put things in order. It's so much fun getting organized in a new space! I have some before pictures and when it's all done I'll take some after pictures, I think you'll be shocked on the before pics (I was!).

Switching gears now, I worked on some very simple treat bags for my daughters pre-school Valentine party and I've posted them here. For the kids, I just took the store bought valentines that my daughter had to have (LPS) and a bag of sweet-tarts and put them in a small jewelry bag that has a zip lock, I took some Bo Bunny Paper and cut it 2x3 and folded it over the top of the bag and added a "Happy Valentine's Day" note to the paper. Easy and cute! For the Teachers, I just put 4 Dove chocolates in a bag and did the same thing with the note. Simple and didn't cost me a thing, I used up stock I already had!

Friends Treat Sack (sorry the picture is sideways, not sure why it keeps doing that!):


Teacher's Treat Sack:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I'll be finishing up the organization and putting things back in order!

Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow!

Scrap it Swanky Sister- Nicki

2 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

Hey doll,
happy valentines day!!
my favorite scrapbook store is in your town. memory bound. love it. you lucky duck.
have a happy valentines day
oxoxo,
jessi

Kara Ward said...

Super cute...
I hope your day was extra special.