Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Scrapbook Weekend!!

I'm so excited, this weekend my sister and I get to scrap the day away at the local scrapbook store, Memory Bound. I so need a day away to get some stuff done! It feels like forever since I've done a layout~ well actually it has been forever in my book! I don't think I've ever went this long without scrapping! Should be a fun time! My sis and I have been scrapping for quite some time together and we usually try to get out together once a month but this winter has just been brutal! I'm looking forward to it! I'm gathering the latest pics that I want to incorporate into some pages right now. I'm trying to decide if I do the latest Birthday party and try out my new Cricut Cartridge "Sweet Treats" or if I finish up some of the Christmas pictures from a couple of years ago that I also have a Cricut Cartridge for "Winter Wonderland", that I started on the last retreat. Hmmm... decisions, decisions!! Either way I'll definitely have something to work on, I always do! Here's a pic of my sis and I at Scrapfest in September, I swear that's the last time I did any scrapping~ not true but it feels like it!! I miss you sis~it's been a busy few months and can't wait to spend time with you!



Other news... back to the office remodel front, so I've finally got my dream desk! The one that was in the Scrapbooks Etc. magazine as the best scrapping desk eva! That would be the Trestle Desk from Target. Well I've been looking at this desk for over a year now and just haven't bitten the bullet and purchased it. I was so lucky today, I happened to find someone selling this desk in excellent condition on Craigslist. I got it for a steal!!!! I can't wait, I pick it up on Friday! I love Craigslist!! Between that and Etsy I'm not sure which one gets more of my moolah!! Ha!

Sooooo... now I've got to decide on my office paint color. The desk is black which originally I wanted the chocolate brown to stick with the brown and pink decor that the room already had. I've taken down the nursery curtains- the pink and brown gingham will be missed (secretly dying inside knowing my baby is an official toddler now!) but I also found another steal this weekend at Target, some white colored tab top curtains for $3.74!!!!! I couldn't believe it, so I purchased those and thought I could dress them up by adding some ribbon and floral to the tabs and maybe even some adorable scrapping jewels. Definitely going to have to think about what will happen with those! Back to the wall color, it's so hard, I can accent black with any color, so I could still go with the antique pink, but I've also thought about a pale yellow or tiffany blue but a really light version! What should I do?

Well, I'll take any suggestions! Just leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

So far, looking at the color scale at Benjamin Moore Paint the colors I've narrowed it down to are:

Pink Dynasty
Picture Perfect (light blue) Imagine that for a scrappers room! ;0)
Lemon Souffle (Always thinking dessert!)

Anyway, I'll be happy with any of these I think as long as there is color on the wall. I'm so excited to get this space moving into functional direction!

Here's a pic of my new desk! Isn't it so adorable!! I love the space underneath to store lots o' baskets and other scraps!! I'm dreaming of my new space and it looks so good with this desk in it!! I'll post pics next week once I get it and everything is back in it's rightful place!
Hopefully I'll have some fun scrapping posts to come once I have a space to finally be productive in! Sooooo looking forward to that!!

Have a great rest of the week!

Scrap it Swanky Sister~
Nicki


2 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

hey doll,
eeekk you know how much i love this store! what a fun time.
hope all is well
oxoxo,
jessi

Kara Ward said...

Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see what you new workspace is going to look like!