Monday, August 2, 2010

Journaling

Today I was cleaning out the closet in my scrapbook room/office and I found a journal that I had started after my second child was born. I honestly forgot about writing that often and wish I would have kept up with it, but it's so crazy how fast the time has gone. From the first bath to the first time she rolled over, it's such an amazing experience having children. I feel like the day to day grind has me under a spell that I can't get out from under and need to remember how precious the time is with my girls. I wish I could freeze time, hold them under a microscope like we did when they were babies and look at how big their feet are now and how long they are. In the morning when we wake up I swear they really do grow over night. I think it's an extra sentimental time right now with my 5-year old starting school (and me secretly not wanting her to). Can you tell I'm having a very hard time with my babies growing up?

Reminiscing is one of my favorite things to do with the girls, I think they remember a lot of the times we share because I repeat it to them often. Especially my older child, she doesn't forget a thing!

Speaking of reminiscing here's the other October Afternoon line that I meant to post last week, that I'm in LOVE with!! It's called Thrift Shop and brings back memories of when I was growing up! I'm pretty sure my mom still has that camera! Check out the adorable journaling cards~ I'm going to start transferring my thoughts from my journal onto these types of cards for my pages. Too darn cute!




This week my goal is start a journal with weekly posts on my girls, one day it will be theirs and hopefully they'll love that I kept these memories for them. Enjoy your week!

Scrap it swanky sister-
Nicki
Publish Post


P.S. I love you B! Thanks for the comments!!

1 comment:

B said...

Great timing for this post! I was away from my babies from Sunday until late last night ... and would you know? The two youngest were sleeping in my bed and were trying their best to wait up for me. The door opening woke up the youngest, and the first thing she said to me was, "look mommy! Sissy in your bed and in your spot!". What a welcome. My 6 year old woke up then and was SOOOO excited and what a great feeling to hug them! I was thinking about how to keep those moments/memories fresh all day! And for the Kindergarten thing, let me give you the positive side of it; while she's growing up and getting bigger and making you sad because she'd not going to stay that young and loving forever -- She will give you SO much to be proud of while she's in Kindergarten and you'll be able to enjoy that she's growing up b/c she's going to be so thrilled to tell you everything she's learning. It's all worth it sister! (WOW! That was a long sentence!) And the teenage boy? He was glad to see me, but no hugs - sigh.
Great inspiration on the journaling ~ I think we can all stand to make a great goal like that one!